Friday, March 2, 2012

Autumn Soup

I wanted to share some of the recipes that my family uses on a monthly basis. I am NOT a cook. I only do it out of necessity. With saying that all these things I can make and most of the time they taste the same as they did as my mom's house. So first up is a super easy one!

Autumn Soup


What you need:
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup diced onion
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup sliced celery (optional)
1 cup cubed potatoes
4 cups water
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 bay leaf
1 qt of bottle tomatoes (yeah for food storage!)

What to do:
Brown beef and onion together in pan, drain fat. Add remainder of ingredients EXCEPT Tomatoes and simmer 20 minutes stir occasionally. Add tomatoes and cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Remember to remove bay leaf!


That's it. An easy soup to do on a cold day or when your sick, and sick of chicken noodle soup. What I like about this soup is, because of the bay leaf, it makes the broth a little sweet.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment