Monday, March 19, 2012

Flower Lace Headhand

The sweetest family let me go through their Mother's home after she passed and was able to grab whatever I wanted. Their mother was into crafts and decorating so I went home twice with a full car. So grateful for that opportunity, especially since I am a wife of a grad student and therefore poor.

She had a basket of lace that I took and have been trying to find projects to use it for. This lace was the first one I fell in love with and wanted it to be something I would use a lot.


Pretty flowers right? so I made it into this
I used fabric stiffener to make the flowers form to my liking. I used one of our large balls to have it dry on. Then sewed on the elastic at the back. I love how it turned out!

 I wore it for the first time on Saturday for St. Patrick's. When my son Austin saw it he was envious, and asked if he could have flowers in his hair too. I search and found a little strand of it for him. He was so happy to get them and very concerned about losing them. It was quite windy. I really wonder how many people thought I had a little girl and not a boy wearing pink flowers....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment