Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Fabric button bracelet

I love the look of fabric buttons! I even went and bought some kits to make my own buttons but
I have one problem... I don't have scraps of fabric the match. well a few, but I wanted 4 or 5 different fabrics to make me a bracelet. So when I found these fabric brads I knew it was my way to get what I wanted!

So here is what I used to make this bracelet:

Fabric brads
Bracelet with disc settings – I bought mine at Hobby Lobby for $3.99 in the jewelery section(with coupon it was cheaper than that!)
E-6000 glue- My favorite!
and Wire cutters

I started by using the wire cutter to take the backs off the brads so they could fit in the disc settings. Then filled the disc settings with E-6000 and the bottom of the buttons. (not pictured, sorry glue works too fast! and my hands were covered in it!)

Then wait to dry, make sure the buttons are facing the right way and positioned the way you want them! My green with brown button got off somehow so now I have to wait til it comes off to fix it...


My favorite part of using the brads was not worrying  if the fabric goes together! I don't have confidence in that department. Always second guessing. Oh and before I forget I got this idea from themotherhuddle  
But she made her own buttons.

Remember to enter the giveaway go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment